Friday 31 October 2014

Now, we wait...


My sunflowers are in bloom!

As are many other flowers in my garden:




Think those last ones are potatoes.

Damascene came in yesterday to offer me a mango. There were two on the tree, one for him, one for me. So excited to be eating a mango from my own garden! I chopped it up with pineapple, tree tomatoes and bananas as a fruit salad. Delicious.


In other news, look what happened to my baby courgette:





A baby no longer. It's the biggest courgette I've ever seen and it just keeps growing. I have no idea when I'm supposed to pick it. I'd like to let it get as big as possible without it going over.

Anyway. Immigration came today to have a chat about my business. I've applied to extend my visa from six months to two years. It doesn't run out until January, but I wanted to apply early because, with the type of work I do, I could get offered a contract into next year, and I want to make sure I can accept if that happens. I also just wanted to get the question out the way.

I think it went well. The guy was impressed by how much money we've turned over in just three months. I hope he's impressed enough. Thinking it went well, should find out next week. If I get it, I continue with the business. If I don't, I blow money being a total tourist for the next couple of months, then head home for a re-think.

Unfortunately, it's a bad time to be applying as a British citizen. It was always free for UK passport holders to get a three-month tourist visa in Rwanda, but then the BBC released a documentary that didn't go down too well and now they've introduced a $30 fee. Bad timing for Dan. He entered for free, but when he comes back from Kampala he's likely to have to pay to re-enter, on top of the $50 entry to Uganda. Thank you very much BBC. Hoping it won't adversely affect my own application.

Just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!