Saturday 2 August 2014

Tour Number Two



Welcome to my new abode.

Hungover this morning. Didn't think my landlord made it back from the bar, but he surfaced early afternoon. He's packed and left now. Damascene has cleaned the house from top to bottom and been shopping for me.

Haven't got any gas though, so can't cook. Which is how I discovered Hello Food Rwanda. Pretty much any restaurant in Kigali doing deliveries to the door. My world will never be the same again. In many cases the delivery cost actually works out cheaper than going to the restaurant!

Took the opportunity to take a quick tour video whilst Damascene was off helping my landlord move his stuff. Truly having to pinch myself. This place is huge. Already thinking creatively about what to do with the vegetable plot, and contemplating what I could do with such an open space. Even without water, it's a fabulous property.

Couple more pics to go with the last lot:

Master bed - as big as my room at Step Town!

Nice view across the lawn from master bedroom.


Strange walk-in wardrobe room between master bedroom and shower.
Large mirrored wardrobes and a shoe rack.

Spare bathroom.
Master bathroom.

Domestic's self-contained house.

The bathrooms do look great, but the showers don't work during the day due to the water shortage. I think that's partly why the house is so cheap. Looking into going halves on a water tank. It is a bit of a shocker returning to chilly bucket-baths in the morning after the luxury of hot showers at Step Town and Gikondo. Even Kagugu had an electric shower head, which is what we can install here, if we had water.

Need to stock up on a few household bits and bobs, including plastic wash bowls for easier bucket bathing, bathroom mat, couple of bins and some bedding for the master bedroom. All made slightly more difficult by the lack of tape measures. Can't seem to find one anywhere, and I have a lot of stuff to measure.

Finally home. Fridge is working, beer is cooling - though after last night's antics, I may swear off alcohol forever. Haven't moved into the office yet as I've discovered the pleasures of the livingroom table next to an open patio door with the sun streaming in. Very bright and airy house. Shall begin unpacking shortly as Jo and Zubadoo are coming round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!