Monday 30 March 2020

End of Week One


Well, midnight last night marked the end of week one in lockdown. 

Doing okay. Found myself randomly dropping messages to old friends I hadn't spoken to in years, and receiving a few from people I hadn't heard from in years. Spent a lot of time looking at bugs. Found this visitor above in the garden the other day and it obligingly sat very still whilst I took a few pictures. This little fella tried to help me fix a piano action today so I relocated him to the garden.




Also discovered my first Rwandan centipede. I've seen loads of millipedes, but this was the first speed walker I'd seen. A tiny thing having a lot of problems navigating the slippery tiles.




Staying home hasn't been any hardship, though I miss make-up a bit. It was only a couple of weeks ago I was dressing up to go out. Certainly don't miss bras or shoes, but maybe missing the glittery eyeshadow just a smidge.


The only people I've seen the entire week are my neighbours, who dropped by - at a safe distance - last night. They came to cut amaranthus from my back yard, which is a type of leafy green. They explained how to cook it, so I can have some too. They also offered rice and potatoes in return, but I've still got a good supply. It's so lovely to have neighbours who check on you and offer to share. My avocado tree is slowly fruiting so, once it's ripe, there will be plenty of avocados for everyone. The government has also started distributing food to poorer households. We've only got 70 cases so far, but it's rising slowly. Definitely a shame that this has happened just as they've announced the Ebola crisis is over.

I'm very lucky that one of my closest friends is a doctor. I've been asking him pressing health questions...


Apparently the struggle is real and I should probably rest.

Cleared out my handbag the other day and found £450.



My aunt sent these out a year or so ago. I smiled politely at the time as no one tends to use it. I'm now smiling with extreme gratitude as I'm definitely using it. 

Been working away on pianos a bit as I have a friend's action at home and some of the keys need fixing. Took the opportunity to empty out my kit and sort through it all. It's nice to have something to tinker with.


Also been lighting some candles in the evening. Talking to my imaginary voices. Been doing a bit of writing again, which is nice. Conjuring characters. I hope everyone else is making it through the isolation okay and has enough to eat and drink. The initial lockdown was for two weeks, but I expect it will be extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!