Thursday 3 September 2015

Guitar Man


Had a lovely day out yesterday. Still haven't got my car yet, so my brother drove out to entertain me for the day. We headed to Leicester for a walk in Abbey Park with his friend Kim and her gorgeous Bull Mastif, Caida

It was a blast from the past for me. I used to go there loads with my dad as a kid.







Cardinal Wolsey


My Brother Will, Relaxing
The Abbey of Abbey Park











After that, we swung past our friend Richard's workshop. He runs M&R Guitars, hand crafting and repairing stringed instruments - which makes him a luthier. He's even refurbished a double base. He makes everything from 100% British wood, and knows so much about trees it's amazing. 






We managed to persuade him away from his workshop to come drinking with us. I'm having such a happy time rediscovering real ale after all that Primus and Mutzig. Had a delightful blackcurrant beer at The Cow & Plough, which used to be a children's farm when I was little!

Cheers!

We had a lovely meal there. I'm still salivating over the range of food in the UK. Reckon it'll take a few weeks to wear off. I had to take a photo of the bathrooms to show my friends back in Rwanda. It was less of a bathroom and more of a suite. I've spent so long peeing in squat holes at bars, this was the lap (or toilet seat) of luxury!




Then it was on to a pub where the table was a coffin... just because.


Upside Down Ship Stuck to the Ceiling



For some strange reason there were two barn owls out the back.

We ended up at Richard's mate's house at an impromptu late night jamming session. He doesn't just build guitars, he plays them.


A Black Double Base - How Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!