Monday 1 July 2013

Mirror Mirror...

Monday is officially the best day of the week so far.

Firstly, because it's the second week of Wimbledon. Robson, Murray and Djokovic all playing.

Secondly, because when I went up the shop to purchase supplies, I got IDed for alcohol!

YES!

Made my day. I think it's because I was buying a Frijj with it. Whatever the reason, I practically skipped home.

And, no, Tas, cheeky boots - I did not stop to pat the guide dog.

Just winked at it.

I spent yesterday working away. There's a place handing out free distance learning college courses. Recently completed one in Equality & Diversity, now moved onto Business & Administration. It's a bit of a walkover, having worked as an Administrator once upon a time, but I like collecting qualifications and I thought the Business part might come in handy for instilling confidence in my Social Enterprise clients. They don't need to know that one of the units is literally 'how to answer the phone'.

I was just about to fall asleep on my keyboard when this li'le guy flew in through the door. Ain't he cute?


 

Not sure what it is. Just e-mailed UK Butterflies to find out.

[UPDATE: apparently it's a Scarlet Tiger Moth. This is incredible as we found a Tiger Moth chrysalis in a plant pot a couple of years back and watched it hatch. Apparently they come back to breed in the same places, so it might even have been born in our garden! :) ]

And, naturally, more of the garden. The strawberries are finally ripening. Everything's about a month behind schedule with the weird weather.


Nomnomnom


Sweet Peas


Corn Flowers

Oriental Lily

Pansy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!