Friday 22 March 2013

Cream and Mallows


Okaykaykay, I know I said I wasn't going to post much because I'm so busy sleeping and lounging around in my PJs, but...

Quick post on the nature of happiness.

Kitty had a wee problem with her windscreen sprayers the other day. It's been really cold here recently and the front water hose popped out from the ice. When I went to wash the windscreen, she left a wet patch on the ground. She's an old lady now, it happens.

Decided to take a pootle into Alloa today to get the problem fixed. 

Not only did the lovely man at JK Tyres pop her hose back in, he also oiled her belt to stop it squeaking and charged me a grand total of... nothing.

Slightly amazed, I headed into Alloa to look for stationary. 

I pulled into the local car park, where the parking charges were extortionate. I had to fork out a grand total of... nothing.

Seriously, when was the last time that ever happened? No pay and display, no 'redisents only'. Granted, the car park was fairly full, but that's what happens when you let people park for free, they all go into town to spend their money. Crazy system.

Had the most scrummy tuna melt and hot chocolate (with cream and marshmallows) at D'nisi. It came as a DIY kit with hot milk and a solid lump of incredibly gorgeous, melt-in-the-mouth, chocolate on a stick to stir in. 

Attempting to leave Alloa, I got slightly disoriented, took a wrong turn, took another wrong turn, thought I'd taken a third wrong turn... and found myself on the road home!

It's just been one of those wonderful days. Nothing spectacular happened, no mountains climbed or rivers forded. Yet everything has happened so happily. 

Home now. Full of hot chocolate and mallows.

I think I'm in love with Scotland just a little bit a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!