Sunday 2 March 2014

Smile!


Whilst pilfering flower photos from M's camera yesterday, I stumbled across a couple of older photos of me and Dad. Thought I'd share, as there aren't many photos of people on this blog.

Think this was at Highnam in October, judging by what I'm wearing (isn't it fortuitous I'm vain enough to take a selfie ;) ). It's the obligatory squinting into the sunshine on a random bench shot, a version of which seems to be taken just about everywhere we go. 

I would definitely say the Burbidge genes (Mum's side) of the family were shining through that day. I think I look a lot like one of my mum's sisters.

Also found this shot, which was taken unawares on the same day. I don't tend to come out well in photos, but the best snaps tend to be when I'm not paying attention. I've never perfected my camera face, I always look frightened or annoyed when I'm forced to pose, but I really like this. It's sort of serene... and green.



Totally love this picture of Dad. (Sorry Dad for hijacking it and putting it on the internet!)

Also like this one of us outside a pub after Cheltenham Literature Festival in 2011, just having a chat, watching the world pass by.


This was taken on Boxing Day last year, up at Aira Force in the Lake District. It's me and my dad's sister, Jean. It looks as though we've had a row and we're not speaking to each other, except for the massive grin on Aunty Jean's face.


And finally, this one, taken yesterday at Batsford, photographing those flowers that looked as though they were made of wood. Another stealth snap, but I kinda like it. Lots more flowers to been seen under the flowers tab.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!