Monday 18 October 2021

Going Green

 
Had a visitor to the garden. Little agama.

This is going to be a super quick update. I'm about to throw myself int he shower and head back to the UK for the first time in three years. Spending Christmas with my family. It's been a tough ride getting this far. My computer hard drive crashed - possibly irreparably - the other day and so much to deal with in terms of COVID regulations. I'll let my former self explain it all.
 
 
So, that's where we're at. What else has been going on? Well, did some piano restringing. I've picked up a fabulous apprentice, too. I had the opportunity to teach him how to restring and he also knows how to tune, so now he can deal with tunings when I'm away. Unfortunately, he has just move to Gisenyi, which is about three-and-a-half hours north of Kigali, but he pops back occasionally.




 

Found a lovely little branch of Camellia café in the UTC car park, which does a fabulous breakfast. Went there after my PCR test the other day. Full of plants and great service.




American Breakfast

Executive Breakfast

Went for an outstanding brunch with the girls the other day. Cindy took us to Tung for a traditional Chinese breakfast and we ate until we burst. It was wonderful. And they even have an aquarium! unusual to see tropical fish on sale in Rwanda.

 













 

Went to check my postbox for the last time. I still find the post office fascinating - all those boxes. All the mail that must have passed through it over so many years.

 

 


Did some washing and grew some avocados.



My lovely friend Solv took me for a pedi and we ate a giant and very yummy wrap.



My housesitter, Chelcie, arrived on Friday and she's absolutely wonderful. I found her through Nomador, and it was so easy. I feel happy leaving the cats in her care. It means the world to me that she got on a plane and came here. I couldn't leave if she hadn't.

Then it comes down to the last few hours. 

 Last night, my friends Chantal and Sean took me for a final meal and plenty of mojitos at The Hut, one of our favourite restaurants. It was a brilliant night, full of laughs. Perfect send-off, and reminiscent of Harris taking me for Mutzig the last time I left.




Fried Avocado



Finally cleared my entire house. It hasn't looked this nice since the day I moved in!






Then I treated myself to a final pedi and lunch at Kigali heights today, with a double dose of Delizia ice-cream. I'm home now, all my bags are packed, about to throw myself through the shower and then it's off to the airport for a flight at midnight. Arriving in the UK at 10:15, all being well. Signing off for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!