Tuesday 15 December 2015

Home Again, Home Again


Final sunrise in Scotland. After almost a month it's hard to say goodbye, especially knowing I probably won't see my friends up there again for a year or so. My last day was greeted with an utterly beautiful rainbow over the Ochils.




(click to enlarge)

I popped to the shop in the shower, and on the way back I thought I'd follow the stream and try to find the end of the rainbow.

I succeeded!




I couldn't get any closer than the second car before it moved behind the trees and up the mountain, but it was so beautiful. Sadly, no crock of gold, but a wonderful sight all the same.

Amazingly, within just a few hours the sunshine had turned to snow!


That's Scotland for you.

The next day I drove about six hours south to mum's. Greeted with a festive fox.


Even our local pub was decked out.


The same night, my aunt arrived from Wales ahead of our annual family gathering, which I'll post about at another date if I can get any pictures. Her lovely dog Peaches came too.


After family had departed, mum and I went to buy a Christmas tree from Welford Christmas Tree Farm, who apparently supply wreaths to Downing Street. They make the most beautiful decorations, including one made entirely from peacock feather. Have yourself a very Gothic Christmas.






They have a petting zoo full of traditional Christmas food - erm, I mean, animals. Even reindeer!





Three-legged Dog


We let the tree settle overnight, then mum and me decorated it and started to put the presents under.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!