Tuesday 24 February 2015

Roll With It


My entire life was revolutionised by the concept of rolling rather than folding.

My preferred method is to dump everything into a black bin liner, but you can't get plastic bags in Rwanda.

I finally found work I enjoy doing less than packing. So I started packing.

Beads of nervous sweat formed across my brow. I couldn't work out whether I had a lot of stuff, or not too much stuff. Turns out it's not too much stuff, just spread over a wide area.

Minus kitchenware, bedding and wash bag, which I'm still using, this is pretty much my life.



It took over an hour to clear my office, yet it all fits into one cardboard box. Perhaps the box is secretly a TARDIS.

I hate, hate, hate packing.

Writing strategies is pretty pants too. I enjoy the workshops, but typing up logframes and Gantt charts - *yawn*

Been a funny sort of day. Had a surprise client in the UK. Nice, unexpected, income for the day (it's always a good day when I make more than I spend). Fingers crossed it'll turn into proper work. Also remembered another client owes me some money. Funny, I spend most of my day wondering where I'm going to get money from, then go and forget something like that *rolls eyes*

Life at the moment feels a bit bitty. Too many plates in the air. Gone from having nothing to do to having too much to keep track of. Next week is likely to be manic, but after that things should settle down again, and I should be settled into my new place.

Hopefully going for a leisurely stroll in Gisenyi at the weekend with Jo. Could do with getting out of Kigali for a bit and gazing on the ocean (well, it's a lake, but it's the size of an ocean).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!