Sunday 28 September 2014

Happy Birthday Sunshine


What a truly lovely day.

I started it as quite a rebel.


Headed over to J&P's house for a very special girl's 3rd birthday party. Arrived in time to find the chef (borrowed from the hotel J manages) preparing fresh pesto! Oh, my was it good!



Pesto is one of those luxury items I occasionally treat myself to when I'm feeling flush. Now all I can think about is planting spinach and basil in my garden. 






The food was spectacular, as always.

I was left in charge of cocktails. There was a lavish spread of vodka, rum and gin, plus grenadine (where on earth did that come from?), ginger ale, fruit juice... we went to town, and I taught the bar man how to make passion fruit punch:

  1. Sugar frost the glass with lemon juice, and add a slice to the rim
  2. Scrape two fresh passion fruits into a shaker
  3. Slog of vodka
  4. Slog of rum
  5. Shake with a generous portion of crushed ice
  6. Top up with marakuja (passion fruit) cordial 



As you know, I'm rather fond of cocktails.

We ended up making a giant water container's worth and it went down a treat.

There was also a non-alcoholic alternative called a Mosquito:

  1. Squeeze half a lime
  2. Shake with crushed ice and fresh mint leaves
  3. Top up with ginger ale


I was also in charge of making the bubble mixture. Things have come a long way since I was a kid. Back then we just put Fairy Liquid in water. Nowadays it involves Fairy Liquid, corn flower, baking soda and glycerin! Surprised it didn't blow up. Much fun had by all.




 Then it was time for cupcakes. 


And dancing.


Uncle Yves and Grandma Zuba

A truly splendid day. The guy who threw me my recent business contract was there with his wife and son, which was nice as I got to thank him again in person with a large glass of marakuja punch.

Truly was lovely, and perhaps we'll introduce cocktails to the menu at J's hotel. They're already getting really good at coffee and napkin folding. I was treated to a free lunch in return for some social media training last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!