Wednesday 14 January 2015

On The Move - Again


Nothing ever really runs smoothly, does it?

Found out last night that my landlord is being forced to sell the house I'm living in.

Mixed feelings about this. I love the place. It's been a joy to live in. But it is expensive.

He wants me to keep renting until the place is sold, but I'm paid up until the end of February and that seems as good a time as any to move on, rather than sitting around wondering when I'll have to pack.

A friend has kindly offered me a room if I get stuck, and another friend is in the process of trying to buy a house. If she gets it, she'll rent it to me at seriously knock-down rates. I won't hold my breath, but fingers crossed.

Either way, I don't need to make any rushed decisions.

In better news, I've been offered a job over June, July and possibly August. It's quite a nice contract, which would earn me the title of Country Director - always good for a CV. So I'm hoping that goes ahead. 

I've decided to give myself until the end of that contract before re-evaluating my business overall, and possibly applying for international development jobs off the back of it. I'm also thinking about bringing in a partner on my business, so that I can keep my company running whilst undertaking other projects that may involve travel. Tax demands are big here, not a month goes by without having to file a return of one sort or another, so administering a business is hard work. Not something you can do with only one eye on it. A partner would be helpful. I'm going out tonight to talk it over with a trusted friend and get some advice. Being a CEO and a Country Director could be entertaining.

Right now I'd just settle for Housed.

I have the aforementioned Couchsurfer staying with me at the moment. Took him out drinking in Nyamirambo last night with a friend. Good time had by all, but ended up getting to bed at 3am. My housekeeper then woke me up, cleaning, at 6:30! Good news is, I'm completely over my tummy bug and can imbibe with the best of them, bad news, I had meetings all day and I now feel like I'm about to pass out with lack of sleep. 

Ah, just like the good old days.

Also got a weird flirty-text thing going on with someone I probably shouldn't (no, not D - give me some credit!). Not sure I'm taking it anywhere, but it's very flattering. 

Busy week ahead: leaving party, crashing a work party, looking for a house.

Life. It's nothing if not challenging.

Feeling blessed for the support of family and friends at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!