Tuesday 2 September 2014

Safe Flight


Well, contrary to speculation, the wee green caterpillar didn't transform into a pony.


But I am a very proud mother all the same. Just like any post-pubescent larvae, it couldn't wait to fly the nest and join its swarm of siblings around the light outside my front gate. May the gods protect it from the squadron of bats above.

Fly safe, little one.

Meanwhile, Damascene's been preparing the garden. You can't really see it, as they're very small, but he's been heaping the earth into mounds, ready for planting.


Friday was a good day. I went via the Post Office on my way home and picked up three parcels, including the one they couldn't find last time, and one from about a month ago they thought I'd already collected! I'm not complaining, I now have enough chocolate to reenact The Pitchfork Disney.



There was also a special delivery of seeds.

Both Damascene and myself are really excited about this. I've just started a special blog dedicated to our gardening exploits: The Kigali Garden Project.

Send seeds!


Edible Bean Sprouts


Thought I'd have a go at growing marakuja (passion fruit).

Whilst we're on the food subject. I had a meeting today at RZ Manna near RDB. I got the shock of my life. Not only do you pay at the counter (no table service? Unheard of!) but the food came in about five minutes flat! I have never, in all my time in Rwanda, experienced service that quick, or with such a big smile. I thoroughly recommend it. 


Oh, and in other news - we won our first major contract as a company. Managed to employ myself and two others. Feeling rather pleased. I've never been an employer before, and it's taken some explaining by RRA as to how I deal with taxes and other grown-up stuff. The excitement at winning the contract is quickly melting to concern over how we'll fit it all in - it's a hectic one - but I'm up for the challenge. Better to be too busy than underworked and yawning.

I shall leave you with this picture of two clouds kissing above my garden.


(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!