Thursday 18 May 2017

Butterflies


Lots of fun, posey selfies. Went to Kigali International Food Fair with Maia and Taia at the weekend. Had a lovely time. Bumped into Laars, the lodger who looked after my cats whilst I was at Maasai, and ate baklava and noodles (not at the same time). Also got my face painted. 


 
Got plied with plenty of free wine as Maia was dishing out food on the Spanish stall as advertising for her tapas restaurant. It was a really fun day, with loads of people enjoying themselves. Held at the European Ambassador's residence. We stayed until the very end, when the beer ran out.

 

Then it was back to Casa Keza, where I relived my postgraduate years as a barmaid. Still got it.

 
 

Nice to know I've got a job if this piano business doesn't work out. Maia's also installed some very pretty lighting in the garden, so I get accommodation, too.


The decking was done by Désiré, my partner in pianos. He took my Lirika away today to start taking her apart so that we can work out how to build one. It was quite an emotional morning.


GYC alumni Fidele popped by a couple of days ago, and was the last person to give her a good playing. He taught himself keyboard in his room and this was his first time playing a proper piano.  Reminds me why we're doing this.


Also went back to Kigali Music School yesterday. Spent the day cleaning up their Heintzman and teaching Director Bonuni how to tune.


The inside was well dusty, though. This was the water after rinsing out the cloth! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your a gamefully employed barmaid ... again - at least the money on your education wasn't wasted ;-)Food Fair looked scrummy (love baklava :-p )Good luck with the casting.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!