Tuesday 28 July 2015

Who is Harry?

"Who is Harry?" - Feedback Form

Held a team meeting at CityBlue the other day. I used to work from Novotel on a Monday whilst Damascene cleans, but the buffet is cheaper and better at CB - it includes pudding. Nice garden, too. The only thing is they have a sign overt the door saying Harry's Place.

That got my colleague Rose wondering. 

"Who is Harry?" she asked. "I'd like to meet him."

We quizzed the waiters, but no one knew. "He's not real," one said. "He's living abroad," said another. So it's become a team mission to find Harry.

In other news, after it took three months for one papaya to ripen, they're suddenly bursting out all over the place. This led to an epiphany...






Something else that's been popping out all over the place... Whenever I shop at Sharmas, I pass a shelf with these on.

Fryms Pappad Cois

I always read it as Pappa's Coins. Never knew what they were, but intrigued. So I finally bought a pack. Threw 'em in a frying pan, and this is what happened...



I was so busy filming that I burnt the first lot, but I reckon they'd be good as a sweet with some icing sugar. Just glad I know what they are now, it was keeping me awake at night.




I have been such a couch potato the past few days. A two-week hiatus between delegations. Been trying to recover my sanity and rent my house out. Unless I can rent my house, I can't go home to the UK, and I haven't been home in almost a year and a half.

Was looking desperate. Had two nibbles. One never turned up, and the other two were looking for long-term lets, even though it says on the website, in big, bold letters 'short term let, Sep-Jan'. 

I was getting very disheartened. I'm absolutely knackered and have a serious craving for flat beer and a bath. Or even a bath in flat beer. 

Then I get a whatsapp from the first person who didn't turn up. Some miscommunication about dates. I wasn't holding out any hope. Cleaned up the house, prepared myself for disappointment...

... She was absolutely perfect.  We got on like a house on fire (not my house, thankfully). She's totally fine with the short-term let, my landlord's totally fine with her dog. It couldn't have gone better! So, tomorrow I book my plane ticket. Sadly, prices seem to have soared recently, at least £70 more than usual, but right now I don't give a flick. Cannot wait to be trundling my suitcase through check-in. 

Lady Luck recently moved to Kampala to be closer to the action. She sent me a random message:

Hey darling.
How is work?
I dreamt about you last night....
Hope you are okay
 

This came the morning after a fairly testing day, I'd been feeling a little down:

So sorry to disturb your dreams.
Was I happy?

Her reply made me smile:

Yes you were so happy, we were having fun as usual.

Isn't it delightful to think that each night you get released from the daily drudge and can go skipping the light fantastic with your friends, even when they're hundreds of miles away?

Right, well. Round two begins on Thursday. 48 hours and counting. Five weeks before blastoff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!