Thursday 22 August 2013

Birds of a Feather


What a lovely picture of my mumsy. I packed them off to Bird on the Hand in Market Harborough for M's birthday, to have a go at flying falcons. They had a lovely time and couldn't speak highly enough of the centre, so worth remembering if you live in the area and need a gift idea.

Meanwhile, I have been observing birds of my own... again. This time I am absolutely certain they were having a quickie. Sadly, my phone camera didn't pick up the sound, but I swear the one on the right was cooing the pigeon equivalent of "awi'gh darlin', aws ya father?"




What I think I have learned from careful study of the avian kingdom is: if at first you don't succeed, walk away looking dejected and she will come to you.

A lesson I'm sure we could all benefit from.

On to other winged beasts. This beautiful butterfly paid me a visit the other day whilst I was writing.


I swear I haven't Photoshopped this next picture. I simply took it whilst it was in flight - with very weird results.


My underwater butterfly.

How charming.

Well, I am certainly feeling a lot better than I was, but still terribly sleepy. I'm not panicking about next week just yet, but I have called off the wedding, which is a shame as it was a friend that I used to share a house with in Reading many years ago and haven't seen since. Hoping to catch up with them next time I pass through town. 

The lovely lady Harriet is also back in the Borough for the weekend, but I doubt we'll be up to our usual wine-sozzled selves. Indeed, I fear it may have been over indulgence that caused this little episode. The eternal pleasure/pain theorem laid down by Sod and his laws. 

Maybe a warm Horlicks instead?

Feeling very sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!