Friday 7 September 2012

Dweezle



It's love. Can't deny it. With both a place and a purrball.

Went to see a friend I hadn't seen in a while. He lives in a boathouse near a lake. Other than a few fisherman the place is pretty much deserted, except for his neighbour, who lives in a wooden house overhanging the water.

It's an incredible place. First time I went, I forgot to take my camera. Been kicking myself ever since. It was an eggshell blue and rose pink sunset, perfectly still water. As the light eventually faded, someone else turned up and we ended up having a jamming session by the bayou. I murdered the saxophone (my first ever attempt) whilst the neighbour got out his guitar and proudly presented a touching rendition of Why Does it Hurt When I Pee? - that, and the more popularly acclaimed Mungo Jerry classic In The Summer Time.

It was magical. Sadly I had to leave early - got a bit too much sun earlier.

Honestly - it's been like the summer we never had this week!

Today has been glorious, and I took my good friend Harri for a spin. The place is just too good to keep to myself. I grew up around here and I never knew this place existed. Now I wish summer was just starting, so I could go there every day.


(click to enlarge)

We swam right out, then came back to sunbathe.

The house was apparently built in the 1800s. Today, it's terrorised by a tiny furball with huge personality. He's a wild young thing. Some might say a picker, a grinner, a lover and a sinner (yeah, sing it with me). To us, he's just Dweezle.


Attack camera! Attack bag!
Attack shirt! High five!


Hangin' with the homies.
The li'le guy's got my heart.

Even had a piano in the field. 




Harri's got a snap of me playing a desperately out of tune rendition of Rufus Wainwright's Hallelujah to the bemusement of the local wildlife.

Might post that at some point.

It was a perfect afternoon, topped off with the perfect pint down our local, with fish, chips and mushy peas. Heaven don't get much closer.

One of those days you'll always remember. Not because anything incredible happened, but because it was simply so effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!