Tuesday 21 February 2017

Cake!



Followed up the wonderful party at the weekend with a truly lovely actual birthday yesterday. 

Thanks to family for sending presents and party people for bringing gifts.

Received some lovely jewelry from Dad & Marilyn, loads of chocolate, and very touched by a lovely bag from my landlord and neighbours. Very stylish.


I had such a chilled out day. Thanks to help from my cleaner, Nadia, the house was back to normal, so I lounged about in my PJs most of the day, eating chocolate. In the evening I headed to CasaKeza. My friend Lulu lives upstairs and cooked the most amazing meal, which Jo and Maia came to share. Such a lovely atmosphere. Lulu's apartment has a balcony looking out over the lights of Nyarutarama. The food was so good, and even champagne and chocolate cake to follow!  






 


Also discovered that chocolate cake tastes incredible with apricot jam. Very nice combination. 

More presents followed. I always buy Jo's daughter Zuba books for her birthday, so she thought I might like Tintin for mine.  Given that her name, Zuba, means sun in Kinyarwanda, I'm a little worried about the second one. Also received a beautiful bowl from Maia, all the way from Morocco. Feeling more than a little spoilt.



I still have a bottle of champagne in the fridge. Looking forward to drinking it when I get back from Kenya. Currently in a state of total relaxation and finding it hard to feel the panic I probably should at not having packed anything yet. Jo's dropping off a small suitcase tonight, so I'll put everything in it tomorrow. I'm only going for four nights so won't need much anyway. Very much looking forward to seeing my friends Tracey and Celia - and the Maasai Mara, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to many more :) Have a great time in the Maasai x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!