Sunday 21 August 2016

Sprung


How cute is this? 

It's a skink that lives in my garden. I think it might have had a fall and been concussed or something, they don't usually stay still long enough for you to get this close. It stayed there whilst I went to get my camera, but was gone a little while later.

The dry season continues...



Which is really good for drying your washing... or your money, if you're dumb enough to put it through the machine.  




Had a truly lovely night out at Zen on Thursday. I have a writing client who occasionally treats me to fancy meals. Really nice ginger beef with noodles, followed up with tempura ice-cream and chocolate mousse.




Picked his brains about my missing housekeeper. He thinks I should head down to the police station and report it. Another friend reckons she's just got a better job and left. But it does feel weird. She really didn't strike me as the kind of person to just disappear without saying anything. The phone number being out of action seems odd, as does the no e-mail response and the fact she left her dress here... I should have taken a picture of her identity card when she started, would have made this much easier. I may investigate this week. Just like to know she's okay.

Popped back to Acacia Book Café on Friday. It really is a lovely place - full of books.


Started handing out flyers for my course in September. 

Another nice surprise - they've reopened Ndoli's. My first ever house in Kigali was right behind this shop and I used to go there every day. Then they closed it and refurbished the building. I thought it was gone for good, but it's back - shinier than ever. I'm trying to avoid shopping at Nakumatt at the moment and this is closer. Look, they've got trolleys and everything now.



So, what else has been happening...

Well, Hot Guy wasn't free on Friday, so we moved our rendezvous to Saturday. Right up until he arrived on the door I was expecting the typical change of plans, but there he was, dot on time, looking rather too wonderful for words.

We talked for eight hours straight. I hadn't laughed so much in a really long time. He's as completely bonkers as I am. I'd cooked, and we washed it down with several large bottles of beer, but I think it was the chocolate mousse that clinched it.

He was heading for the gate but somehow took a wrong turn and ended up in the bedroom instead.

I am completely sprung.

But shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Soundproofing isn't a standard feature of houses in Rwanda, and I'm not sure I can ever look my neighbours in the eye again.

I've been floating around the house giggling like a child all morning.

He says he's not seeing anyone, and I do believe him. Plus he's a friend of very good friends, and my very good friends don't make friends with people who aren't lovely. I vote we just see a lot more of each other and check how things go. 

It was just the most perfect night.

This hot weather certainly gets a sweat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!