Thursday 5 March 2015

Fairy Chain


Had a lovely surprise at the post office the other day. Late birthday arrival from my friend Cassie back home in the UK. Wee Ryanman did me a card. I was with them for my last birthday.

Truly the most beautiful gifts. The journal is awesome. It's full of activities like stamping on it with muddy shoes, ripping the pages, gluing them back together and stabbing holes with a pencil. Highly therapeutic. The necklace is totally beautiful. It's got a tiny bottle of rose petals attached! And a little silver disk saying dream.



I wore it tonight with purple eyeshadow to match.





Did some present wrapping of my own. Today was a very special day. It was my friend Joanna's birthday, and also her nationality day. My friend Christiane got her nationality last month, and Jo got hers this month. So I now know two white Rwandans. That confuses people a bit. 

I included a few bits and pieces in my parcel, but the key present was a cheese board and a bottle of nice white wine. It's very hard to find good cheese here. It's a bit of a treat, and I know she loves it. Camembert, Edam, a nice garlicky soft cheese and something like a Red Leicester. 


She instructed me to head to the top of T200 (tay deux mille), which is this massive Chinese supermarket in town. I was a bit baffled, but didn't argue. It was Jo's birthday after all. If she chose to spend it in the booze aisle of a shopping mall, who was I to protest?

Message in the lift.
Aw, bless Rwanda.

I was absolutely amazed when the lift doors opened on the top floor to reveal a rooftop Chinese restaurant. It's absolutely gorgeous up there. Done out like a rooftop garden with a beautiful view of the whole city.







It was also her niece Lara's second birthday, so there was cake and presents a-plenty.

To Rwandan Jo










Totally lovely night. Always a pleasure hanging out with Jo, Pierre and Zubadoo. Talking about doing another stretch of the Congo Nile Trail soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!