Saturday 17 January 2015

Can't Beat Coffee


Had a lovely night out last night. CEO of the organisation I've hopefully got that contract with for June/July (depending on programme funding) was leaving, so went out with friends. Some I knew, some I didn't. Was a lovely night. Went to the Ethiopian that used to be near my house about five years ago, but has since relocated. Really lovely. There was a fire pit and everything. The food is really good, and they make coffee the traditional way, with a sprig of tena adam, a herb which aids digestion.





It was a really nice night, and we ended up at a place called Ogopogo after, which is perhaps one of the few bars I didn't know. Picture at the top - beautiful cascade of fairy lights.

A thoroughly lovely night. 

Things are looking up a little. Been approached for a potential contract in March, too. NGO I'd like to work with, going to go for a chat in a week or two. Amazing where a bit of cold calling can get you. Fingers crossed.

Housing situation still a bit up in the air, but I refuse to worry about it yet. Landlord wants to get together to discuss it, but whatever he's offering the rent will be the same. Might as well bite the bullet and leave on my own terms, save some cash, even if it means a couple of months of hassle finding a new place. I think I've just given up taking anything for granted anymore. Roll with it, see what happens.

Damascene's been harvesting the sunflowers in my garden today. Felt a bit of a pang, given that I can't explain to him what's about to happen because of our language barrier. Sure he'll be fine though, he's been with the house for a long time. I'll definitely miss the vegetable plot. And him, of course. He's been the best housekeeper I've ever had by miles.


Ai Weiwei?

Going out for a drink Monday night with flirty texter. Someone I met at a conference a while back. Supposed to be offering some 'professional advice'. Yeah, see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!