Tuesday 7 October 2014

Peppa Pig Postcards


Ah, my garden is starting to take off. Sunflowers in the foreground and courgettes behind. Tomatoes don't seem to be so happy - growing very slowly - and aubergines haven't surfaced at all. I'm trying to teach Damascene to plant things spaced out, rather than just tipping the seeds in a line, explaining that they will grow bigger if they have more space. The rains the other day have certainly helped, though I was afraid they might wash everything away - good thing we have the mounds.


Had an impromptu meeting at The Lemon Tree with J. Nice place for melange, and she took me along to a meeting with one of her clients and sold my training services. Very kind of her. Look forward to doing that next week.

The client was situated beneath an incredible bookshop, run by a lady who remembered me from five years ago! Seriously, degrees of separation just don't exist in Rwanda. Or perhaps I'm just notorious? Oh, heck.

Anyway, slightly embarrassing way to meet the new client. We were browsing books when she found us, and I had my nose stuffed in a fist full of wonderful-smelling soap. Ho hum. Image is everything - mine's squeaky clean.


Then went shopping with J to collect supplies. Look what we found! *snort* Juvenile.


Witnessed a bit of a doozy on the way back. Looks like this crossed the central reservation before driving down a ditch. Going to be fun trying to dig that out again.


Went past the Mushroom Palace, where Nakumatt and Gift Hotel buy their supplies from. Run by the guy who produces melt-in-the-mouth Heart Artichokes. Wondering whether I could grow some in my garden.


Also went past my old office of many years past. The organisation I used to work for has long since moved out, and even the little shop underneath, which used to be run by a guy called Peterson, and sold samosas and coke, is now a furniture outlet. It's where I first met Simon, and where my ex used to work at the recording studio next door, which also seems to have vanished, leaving only fond memories.


Hung out with J at the hotel for a bit, playing Peppa Pig, Zuba's favourite. It's quite good fun, you get to be a customs officer and an ice-cream vendor. Plus I made a nice postcard by the pool.



Got home and made myself a cup of tea with my new purchase. How retro is this? Love it.


Work at the moment is taking off faster than I can hold on. Was up until 1:30 this morning writing bids and contracts. Nothing that's about to make me rich, but it's reassuring given how short a time I've been at this. I've got a Plan A and a Plan B in my head at the moment, taking into account whether I get a visa extension or not. Which probably means Plan C will occur - which I don't have a plan for.

Anyway, deep breath. Better get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!