Friday 25 July 2014

Struggling



I've been reading Facebook updates by friends who are experiencing phenomenal thunder storms in the UK. Apparently there's a heatwave and the sky is full of lightning. Above is a picture of Gloucester Docks from the news story covering the storms. It hit a house in the next town over and destroyed the roof.


House in Hardwicke Hit by Lightning.

I'm sorry about the house, but a little upset I missed out on some of the greatest thunder storms we've had in years.

In other news, my lovely cousin Laura just graduated from her law degree!


Aunty Jean & Granddaughter Laura

Laura & Boyfriend Ash

Spookily, she dyed her hair the same colour I did on my graduation day! We're a family of good taste. 

Dad was up in Carlisle for the event, and took Jean for a wander at Aira Force, where we were last Christmas.


Same Bridge

Nice to have news from home whilst I'm waiting to find mine. The noisy apartment issue continues. I am so tired my brain has pretty much stopped functioning. I do things like pour milk in the bin and put teabags in yogurt. Spent yesterday lying on the couch, watching movies. Finished the interminably dreadful series Firefly. It's sort of Buck Rogers meets the Wild Wild West, starring that scary one from Suits and Steve the Pirate - gaaarrr.

It really is quite dreadful, but you don't have to think about it (at all) and there's always a happy ending. I am actually going to watch Serenity next. I also watched Jeff, Who Lives at Home. That's even worse, but I was so tired I actually cried.

It was mum's birthday yesterday. She called from France where they're having a party marathon at our friend Steve's house. Aunty Patsy is there, and mum's friend Aleno. It was Patsy's birthday the day before mum's, and Aleno's the day after. I don't think they're going to be sober again for a long time.

Mum called from France, dad Skyped from Carlisle, but neither could stay connected for more than a couple of minutes at a time. There are still some big international communication issues need ironing out.

Minor miracle. My landlady came over last night and gave me back all of my money. Had to cover my mouth to stop my jaw hitting the floor before she left. Off to the bank in a moment to work out how to transfer it back to the UK. 

Spending tomorrow packing, then moving out on Sunday, but not moving into my new place until the following Friday. Still need to sort out where I'm storing my stuff. My new landlord said I could store it at his place, but he doesn't seem to be replying to my texts at the moment. Was hoping to dump everything at the house before taking a moto to Step Town, but may end up taking everything there instead. I hate waiting on other people to make decisions before I can make mine. 

Another minor problem is that I need to clear everything out of my fridge before I leave. After the bank, I'm coming home to have a two-day food fest. Everything perishable must go (into my tummy). 

Just need to survive one more week of crazy town, then I can get  some sleep and get on with things.

Aunty Jean's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!