Wednesday 9 April 2014

Blast Off!

Picture of the swimming pool, by Jim.

Cripes, it's almost 7pm already!

Catching the bus to Heathrow at 1:30am, arriving around 4:30/5-ish. Check-in from 7-ish, take off 9:30 am. First leg to Bombay about 9.5 hours, quick change for Bangkok, and a final hop to Laos, arriving around 1pm on Friday.

It's going to be a long journey, but worth it. Can't wait to see RuairĂ­ & Martine again.

Still haven't entirely finished packing. Not even showered yet. Thought I'd leave it as long as I can, as I won't get to wash again for a while.

Recently re-discovered the Gorillaz (why haven't they done anything for so long?) and rocking out to Clint Eastwood

Talking about kookie, I got the best parcel ever this morning!

I'm a huge fan of Salad Fingers. A while back I dropped David Firth a message. I desperately wanted a T-shirt, but the ones on Café Press weren't the image I wanted. He gave the go-ahead to use the image I wanted. My mate Dan's been making T-shirts, so I took him a clean one and e-mailed him the image. His printer was out of ink last time I saw him, and I didn't think I'd get it before I left - but this morning there it was, with a lovely going away note.


I now have this on my boobs!
~spoooooon~

Going to take a proper photo for the fan site if I make it to Laos in one piece.

With six hours before kick-off, things still don't seem real. Been a very normal day really. Tidying up loose ends with work, my blogs, my publisher (just got a new contract! very exciting). Just kinda kicking my feet. 

I'm sure I'll have a wave of blind panic when I hit the airport. Not entirely sure where my end destination is, or how long it'll take me, but know it's time to go and find out.

Not looking forward to the long haul flights, but do love take off and landing, and the sense of being completely uncontactable. You turn off your phone and no one knows where you are... I know I shouldn't say that given recent circumstances. I'm not suggesting I want to disappear off the map entirely (though, if I do, try the Southern Ocean first), I'm just saying that sometimes it's nice to go off radar for a while. 

Meh. You know what I mean.

Cannot wait to be led astray in Laos.

First time in Asia.

That's pretty cool.

Also arriving in time for Pii Mai, Laotian New Year.

I will update this blog as and when I have internet access and the inclination.

Stay safe and happy wherever you are, people.

Rock out.

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!