Sunday 4 August 2013

Somewhere Beyond the Sea...


Yesterday was a great big train wreck of a work day. Just about everything and anything that could have gone wrong went wrong, from early in the morning until the final e-mail at eleven at night. I woke up in a stressy mood, which must have been a premonition of things to come. Something must be in retrograde.

Things perked up a bit in the middle, though.

Finally managed to grab a breather and high tailed it down to the sailing club just in time for our friends David and Harry to take me out for a spin in my nephew's boat, Frisky.

It was my first ever time sailing, and I must admit, as fun as it was, it isn't really my thing. It looks so much more relaxing than it actually is. It would be relaxing if you weren't constantly worrying about getting knocked out by the boom, or switching places to 'come about'. It's actually fairly hard work. 

Though I will admit it's fun when the wind picks up and you're skimming across the surface at a 45° angle to the water. That's pretty cool. Think I prefer my kicks with four legs, though.


Frisky

Or four wheels. Look what someone parked outside! It's a Lea-Francis, and my new obsession. I don't ever recall seeing one before, not even at Hollowell Rally. I always thought of myself as a Bentley kinda gal, or perhaps a classic MG, but I must admit this was hard to walk past.




Talking of driving, Mum's mister left for Germany at 6am this morning. His radio's broken, so I took pity and packed him off with a couple of albums, including a random eclectic playlist which runs as follow:

Shuffle - Bombay Bicycle Club
Taste of Rum - Peatbog Faeries
Break My Stride - Bluelagoon
Bring Me Your Cup - UB40
You Can Be The Boss - Lana Del Rey
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow
Smoke And Ashes - Tracy Chapman
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash
Seven Army Nation - The White Stripes
Rhythm Of Love - Plain White T's
Ray Charles - Chiddy Bang
Rainbow Stone - Fresh Body Shop
Life - Bob Andy
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker - Sandi Thom
I Got Rhythm Remix - from Take the Lead
Gypsy - Susan Vega
Go Outside - Cults
Get Your Rocks Off - Primal Scream
Forget You - Cee Lo Green

It was fun picking through my playlist trying to select tracks he might like.

Happy to think of him invading mainland Europe with those tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!