Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Snow Must Go On


How beautiful is this? Snow at Holcot yesterday. 

Woke to a winter wonderland scene from my bedroom window. 


It's the incredible type of snow that settles on every spider web and tree branch. Sometimes the sun is out and sparkling off it, other times thick fog rolls in and you feel as though you're driving through a ghost land.

Started off on Vincent, but decided to switch stables. 


Found the most amazing place called Brampton, which is closer to home. They have:

Outdoor Manege
Cross Country
Café
(My hat on the menu!)

Had my first ever lunge lesson. Wonderful and challenging experience. I've discovered it is possible to perform rising trot with no stirrups and no reins! Requires good balance and strong thighs. Also booked in for an hour's Stable Management training, which was so helpful. I haven't tacked up since I was about twelve. Went through bridles, bits, numnahs, saddles, hoof picks and mucking out. They let me practice on two lovely horses: Stanley and Pepper. Both were extremely patient with me, as was Julie, my instructor. So nice to build up confidence in a safe environment.

I'm trying to get as much riding in as possible - they're forecasting ten inches of snow on Friday! 

Already seeing some of the coldest temperatures on record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!