Thursday 18 July 2013

So Long Simon

Simon getting a hose-down after the ride.

Just back from seeing my big beastie boy. Went for a sojourn with Jenny, Di and Julia, up through Pope's Wood. 

It. Was. Blistering.

We're in the middle of the longest heatwave since 2006, and I am not coping well. Even when it's hot, it's usually nice and cool in the woods, but today it was like a sauna. From the top of the hill you can usually see all the way to Wales. Today, Wales had disappeared in a heat haze. I got back looking like a king prawn, Simon looked like a lasagne.

Check out that sweaty saddle back he's got!

I'm a little bit sad. Off to the country for a few weeks soon, so I won't see him for a while.

It was a really nice ride though, despite the heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!