Saturday 12 January 2013

Giddyup


I am SO excited.

There's a road from our house to the Ladybird Park, named because there used to be hundreds of ladybirds there in the summer. The bench is dedicated to: "The Travellers Rest - In memory of an old traveller, Frederick Dawson, who died while riding near this spot. August 1st 1929." 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/63599_10152420466225641_963714782_n.jpg

It's exactly one mile from our house to the park, so it's easy to measure your distance. So beautiful around here. I'm trying but, to be honest, I'm no runner. I think I may even be getting worse.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602712_10152420465485641_2014190445_n.jpg

Yesterday, I decided to return to something I really do love. I finally got back in the saddle for the first time in over a year. Went to my favourite stables, Holcot, for a catch-up lesson. Had a fantastic instructor who got me back up to speed. 

When I returned from Africa three years ago, there were a few things I promised myself I'd do. Some of those I have - such as finding a publisher for my books. Others, I have not. Such as learning to jump horses again. I used to be pretty good as a kid, but haven't done it as an adult. 

Really just want to know whether I still can. So, I was crazily excited when, after 45 minutes in the manege, I got the go-ahead. Apparently I'm 'perfectly balanced' enough to attempt jumps. Booked in for Tuesday!

My Christmas present to myself, and certainly an excellent way to get fit.

Can hardly wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!