Monday 29 October 2012

By The Sea, Mr. Todd


Hectic but entertaining couple of days. Managed to garner a new client for the day job. You remember that? Involves a lot of flipchart paper, pritt stick and post-its.


Also involved a second pootle down to Eastbourne, which is a town on the south coast. Got to stay in a nice seafront hotel.



Though I'm a little baffled as to why they gave me two TVs. Perhaps it's to help couples avoid marital arguments over which channel to watch?



Good thing I only had myself to argue with!

We went to a lovely little French restaurant to wine and dine. Got back and took a wander down the promenade. I love seaside towns at night, they're all lit up, and Eastbourne has a pier.

By day:



By night:



Very enjoyable, and a productive strategy session the next day, then into my car and back home. Three and a half hours on a good day, four with slow traffic on the M25. Driving rain and fog. Was absolutely shattered by the time I got back, but coincided with Marilyn returning from a weekend in Leicester on a murder mystery train ride with friends. She cooked, I went and got the wine. We finished a bottle watching Downton, then I passed out.

Nice to have a big project to get my teeth into again. I enjoy what I do, but I also enjoy a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!