Sunday 30 October 2011

Happy Halloween

Evenin' ladies and gents.

Sitting here rocking out to Sum41's Fat Lip, reminding me of Monday night Rock Nights at the Fez Club in Reading when I was a student. Reliving the glory days.

Had a wicked night down my local tonight - t'was the Halloween party.

Haven't done fancy dress since uni either, but thought I'd push the boat out this year.

Ordered liquid latex from a funky online store called Liquid Flesh.

Here's the transformation...

Me, scary enough without any makeup on!










Rather cool but, on the whole, pretty 'armless.

Thanks to several very helpful YouTube tutorials, I managed the following:




Not quite as good as this lady, as I didn't have any wax and had to make do with brown wrapping paper. Not bad for a first attempt though. I'm working up to this. Got loads of great comments on it.

I used a basic range - liquid latex, brown paper and toilet paper for the structure, some wax face crayons from the Post Office that looked like they'd been there since the early 80s! They were advertised as 'clown makeup' but contained all the colours for great bruising: yellow, green, red and black. Used black eyeshadow under my eyes and eyeliner to outline the cuts. Not a lot else to it really. Only other tip from YouTube worth following: mix your fake blood with Vaseline to make it shiny and prevent it from running too much.


Happy Halloween everyone - hope you're having a thoroughly ghoulish time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!